Monday, November 19, 2007

Sleigh Ride

This is me in 1977 at four years old. Because Leia Rose, Annie, and I created all of these impromptu sleigh rides today, I had all of this flooding nostalgia about this little shoebox I used to sit in (holding a big bird puzzle in the box) and tie to a brown battery-operated dog, which had a red stacking cup rubber banded to his nose. I would sit there pretending to help Santa deliver the presents wearing the "Mrs. Santa Claus" hat (now found in our dress-up box). I did this lots of times growing up. And now I'm the one pushing the sled and taking pictures . . . Something came from a catalog today and, when I saw the size of the box, I just had to put Annie in it an push her around.

Annie loved it so much! Here she is frantically signing "more" when I stopped to take another picture.
Leia wanted to be involved, too! So, I offered to get out our little pull-along sled (with a changing pad cover on the bottom) to pull along the floor. Not the first time we've done this, but lots of fun just the same. I put on some Christmas music and we were all set!
And finally, Leia Rose finally said she wanted to make a "dinosaur-kitty-car," so I helped her clip a leash from her blow-up brontosaurus to the same box I pulled Annie in earlier, which now became a car for kitties.

No comments: