Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Focus on Annie

The past few days have been all about Leia with the surgery and all, so today (with Leia back in school) I really wanted to make sure Annie got some real quality time. (And, yes, Annie did ask for "Yay-ah" (Leia) multiple times today.) Quality time. Yep. You know what that means, . . . I got out the Baby Play and Learn & Growing Child books! . . .
And yet it wasn't all structured. Here is a real precious moment capturing how Annie looks when she hears her "Walking on Sunshine" birthday card from Oma and Papa. It's her favorite card, . . . and today it even inspired her to say "card"! My favorite part of the picture, besides the smile that is? The card's upside down! : )
It's sad that I needed to review my parenting books to remember how great bubbles are for a toddler. We put on a rousing chorus of "Pop, Pop, Pop" from the Gymboree album and had a grand time. That led me to thinking that we should really do Gymboree this winter, . . . which led me to thinking that I really needed to create a playlist of fun hand/motion/action songs on the computer, . . .
Here's a pastime of Annie's that I've forgotten lately: getting out all of the girl dolls from the wooden dollhouse. Annie carried around that blue baby all day, . . . sucking on it. You can see her holding the Mamma with the little girl and the Oma/Grandma in the background. And if you're wondering about Cherry Chat Chat, she's always in the bed. I really need to get another one so we can keep one downstairs. : )

No comments: