Saturday, November 10, 2007

Strange Toys

Unfortunately, Annie is just about to get her last two teeth (the bottom eye teeth, if that's what they're called). That will make 16 teeth!!! She also has a little cold that started today, and if you look close in this next picture, you'll see that Annie had two cold sores. That happens with every cold she gets now. Interesting! But dispite all of this, Annie is continuing her "word explosion"! Today Annie said, "Mamma, No!" when I tried to change her diaper. (Annie REALLY doesn't like diaper changes, still. But she also REALLY doesn't like poop next to her skin either.) And she also said, "Moo!" when we turned to the cow picture in our On the Farm book.
Here's one of Annie's new favorite toys: the fuzzy piggy. Well, at least it USED to be fuzzy. Annie was carrying (and sucking on) this animal around all day, and I didn't think too much of it. It happens to be one of a set of animals that the Easter Bunny brought Leia one year, and we figured we could leave it downstairs as one that Annie couldn't swallow.
Well, yeah, she couldn't swallow it, . . . but when I took a good look at the thing, it was disgusting! The fuzzy skin had totally come away from its plastic body and was just sitting there, like it was wearing a coat. Yuck! Annie really got upset when she thought I was going to take the piggy away, so . . .
I took off that fuzzy skin and washed that little piggy from head to toe. Now he's fairly safe to play with, . . . I think. ; )
Here's another weird favorite: the broken seat clasp from Leia's doll stroller. Annie loves this thing. Not sure why.
Mamma had to nix the Bumbo now for safety concerns, . . . now that Annie can lean way forward and Leia Rose sits in the "Grandpa George Chair" (the one that the girls' Great Great Grandpa George made for Oma), I just don't need it anymore. (Ah, that Bumbo served us well in it's day, though, for BOTH kids. So, Karin, I've got a blue one for Eric if you want it.) : ) Now I'm back to the good old, four-sturdy-suction-cupped-bath seat for on the counter. Couldn't live without this thing these days. Annie's favorite game while I'm making dinner? Sit next to her bucket of old baby toys and drop them one by one, . . .
. . . onto the floor just to see where they land. : )

2 comments:

Karin said...

So funny about "Mamma, No!" :) It's just the beginning... oh my.... ;) ha. Hey, maybe she'll skip that stage???? :) So funny though. And hey -- maybe she'll potty train super early if she hates diapers so much!

Karin said...

I'd love to borrow the Bumbo!! :) Thanks!!! Hmmmm.... I have one on my registry already... wonder if I should leave it there (in other words, if we'd want just one or two).