Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Annie's First Choice

Today, after breakfast, I flippantly asked Annie, "What would you like to do, Annie?" Her reply was to look at me and sign a very definite, "book!" Yay! Books it was!!!
We explored her favorites down here, and read some in her room as well. Quite honestly, though, I think it's the page-turning that really has her transfixed. ; )

And I'll go ahead and admit that, although Annie spoke her first words earlier, and has many under her belt, she doesn't seem to be quite as verbal as Leia Rose was at this age, so my new-years resolution needs to be signs and more signs. : )
Now, considering how Annie absolutely NEVER lets me read a single story about Jesus, I've had to improvise the story using our puppets. I don't think she was fooled. ; ) Well, at least she fell in love with Baby Jesus today. She not only spent lots of time with the puppet, but also carried the FP Baby Jesus around lots of the day, . . . and He was the last to be chucked down to the floor from her high chair tonight after dinner. : ) [Heck, does ANYONE know of a Nativity Story pop-up/lift-the-flap book?]

2 comments:

Karin said...

Yup! My mom bought us one a couple weeks ago! :) I can't keep it in Kevin's room though or he'll tear it, for sure. So I've only read it to him once thus far & can't remember specifics. I think it's pretty wordy? But it IS a pop-up book! :) I can get you the name, if you'd like....

Karin said...

So cool that she chose what she wanted to do!!! :)