Friday, December 7, 2007

Fishing for Bub Chunky Tuna!

Okay, this title needs some explanation, doesn't it? : ) During the Advent Wreath tonight, Leia rose took Daddy's belt and attached one of our jingle bell instruments to the end of it. Then she kept throwing it toward Annie and "reeling her in" so to speak. And she kept shouting, "I'm fishing for Bub Chunky Tuna!!!" One guess as to who was the "Bub Chunky Tuna." Ha! (What I think is really interesting is that she used the informal English vernacular of "bub" to refer to Annie as a baby, . . . something I had told her about a long, long time ago.)
But there were some other more holy moments as well. Here is Annie opening the "door" of our very special Advent Book. Every day of December has a very large door with a Biblical excerpt from Luke, as well as an absolutely gorgeous illustration. This is perfect for little children (and everyone else as well).
Every day we open all the doors up through that particular day. (So I guess on December 25th we'll be opening all 25 doors and reading the entire account.) : ) Anyway, here is Annie opening my absolute favorite illustration in the book. It's a portrayal of when Mary and Elizabeth first see each other, . . . and I think the facial expressions are priceless, . . . I bet that's just how it really was! : )

(HEY!!! Why the heck am I not reading this book to Annie every day, if her taste in Jesus books requires flaps?!? Going to start doing that . . .)

No comments: