Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Christmas Morning 2007




One of my traditions Christmas morning is to take pictures of the way Santa has outfitted our home, so we can remember in years to come. (Hence the previous four pictures.) Let me say that this was my absolute favorite Christmas after having children. Leia Rose was at the perfect age, and I can't tell you how much joy we got out of watching her great excitement and wonder. I can imagine being absolutely overwhelmed with joy after Annie reaches this age, too!
The other great thing about this Christmas (which will probably be hard to believe after viewing those top four pictures) is that I really felt like we didn't overbuy this year (as opposed to years past). We tried to stick with Leia's old toys for Annie and only Leia's requests for Leia (with very few exceptions). As a result, we were done with present-opening by 11:30 AM, and that is with us all watching each person opening each gift! That's a record for us! Three hours isn't bad at all, and I'm so very proud!!!
Here's Leia's reaction to seeing the "Littlest Petshop Hotel" w/snack machine and the "White Bunny Webkin," both important items on her list for Santa.
This could very well be the picture of every single present being opened today. : ) How lucky our family is to be blessed with such sister love!!! Here's Brian's reaction to a fun Santa gift: the Mexican Pancho Navidad! You see, it's the one that I'm missing from my International Santa Collection, and Brian mentions it every year because he SO enjoys saying the name.
Here's a "You Are My Sunshine" ornament for my own little sunshine: Annie!
Amid all of the present unwrapping and hubbub, it's always a very precious moment in our house when Leia Rose discovers that St. Nicholas has truly brought Jesus to the manger Leia was thrilled with Daddy's reaction to her very special "Oops all Chunks" ice cream that she made for him!
As usual, Christmas morning exhausted Daddy, . . . and now for two traditional Christmas videos: 1. Leia's & Annie's first reaction and 2. Brian's traditional video of "Christmas Carnage" (i.e. the way the house looks after all of the present opening is done):

1 comment:

Karin said...

Fun!!! :)

So do I understand correctly from your photos that Santa doesn't wrap his gifts at your house?

And are those all the intl Santas on your mantle? You have A LOT!!!! :)