Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Shopping w/Annie, Playing w/Heidi & Watching w/Colin

Today Annie and I did some usual playing this morning, and after a nap we went shopping for Daddy. And instead of taking her in and out of the car a million times, I just put her in one cart and pushed her around the entire strip mall that way. : ) It worked out well (in that she only got squirmy by the end).

A few things I learned about Annie today. She has a new habit of putting drink in her mouth and then letting it run out, . . . down her bib and down her shirt. (Fun.) She also stands beside me and clings to my legs whenever she's downstairs when I'm trying to cook dinner. (Fun.) Luckily, Leia and Annie are usually playing in her crib. And Annie also calls the Christmas Tree "Is Tee." : )

After we picked up Leia Rose from school we had a nice playdate with Heidi. Heidi helped Leia Rose do the advent wreath, and then they played ponies. It was really interesting to watch Leia Rose when Heidi had a bit of a fit in regards to wanting a pony in her cart as well as pulling her cart (this was mostly because Leia had one in hers). Finally, Leia said, "I don't want this one anymore," as if she realized that the pony in her cart just wasn't worth it. : ) Poor little Heidi was so tired by that point. : ) It's not that Leia Rose was without her own infractions, though. She did request a snack (bless her heart), but I waited a bit too long and she ended up swatting me in the face that landed her, screaming, in the thinking chair. But it was funny when I was talking to Emily and Leia Rose said, "Mamma, I don't like it when you talk." And I told her that it was important for her to know that Mamma has friends, too. (Like it or not.)

And at dinner Leia Rose said something really cute. She said, "Mamma, while we were watching Kid Nation I saw a commercial for a show called Amazing Grace." She had misunderstood the show title "Amazing Race." : )
Then later tonight we welcomed Colin up to the bonus room to watch Polar Express on our big screen as a late birthday present. They had lots of fun, especially with Leia Rose and her running commentary. : )

1 comment:

Karin said...

I didn't know you had a big screen TV up there - cool! : )