Thursday, December 13, 2007

Morning Focus on Annie (Finally) + "mkay"

It seems in these days of whirlwind cooking, etc., that our poor little Annie winds up being neglected. : ( Well this morning, I was determined that NOT be the case . . .
I grabbed the Growing Child book and did some of our favorite, practical activities with Annie. The first is having Annie begin with one thing in one hand, ask her to hold another (in her other hand), and then offer a third, seeing if she could hold three at one time. With a little help, here she is holding three "Rudolph Guys." : )
This one frustrated Annie a bit. You're supposed to put a toy into a plastic bag and see if the child can retrieve it. First, she couldn't find the opening and whined just a little bit. (And, um, it didn't help that it was her beloved Cherry Chat Chat that was in the bag.) Once I showed her the open side, she was just fine.
Then we had a Christmas sing-along with just the two of us. Here's Annie participating in one of her favorites: Jingle Bells. She also loves "Up on the Housetop" because she loves to do the "click, click, click." (Check out the video at the bottom of Annie's "click, click, clicks".) As for a favorite Jesus song, definitely "Away in a Manger," because that's the one that the Fisher Price Little People Nativity plays.
Oh how I wish I could have gotten a better picture of this today, but this will have to do (because I was already risking it, as I was driving when I took this). Anyway, Annie LOVES to have all the windows down. She smiles and laughs and waves her arms, etc. You can tell she feels like she's on a roller coaster! (And because it was in the 80s today (!?!) we had the windows down A LOT!!!)

Finally, just another communication tidbit about Annie. (Well, first I guess I have to explain my contribution.) Whenever I am frustrated with something (anything) that I want to end, I find myself saying "mkay" with a slight scowl and in an annoyed tone. ("Mkay" is just an annoyed way to say "okay.") And now Annie does the same thing! This is especially when she drops Cherry Chat Chat, . . . or when someone takes Cherry away.

Now for some "Up on the Housetop" "Click, Click, Clicks" by Annie:

No comments: