Saturday, December 8, 2007

Chapel Hill Christmas Parade 2007

Leia Rose REALLY got into the parade this year! Her favorite part? Collecting the candies, treats, and stuffed animals that the participants threw out for the children! She used her hat as a handy-dandy carry-all bag! : )
And here is Annie's expression of the day. I just plopped her in the stroller, and that's the way she sat (unmoving) for two full hours. It was one of the few times when our excitement didn't seem to rub off on her, no matter how many times I leaned over and pointed or exclaimed. She always looked like this. I suppose she was so warm, toasty, and comfortable that she didn't want to move. : )


And every year I make a thermos full of steaming hot chocolate to drink before the parade begins. : )




Colin's Boy Scout Troop was actually in the parade!!! And there's something about having friends that you know who are actually IN the parade and who come right up to you and hand you a piece of candy that makes you feel very, very special. : )

At the very end of the parade, there was Annie, still in the stroller, still in the same position, hadn't made a peep for two hours. And I was wondering if there was something wrong. There wasn't of course. Still, I went ahead and shed the snowsuit (because it had really warmed up) and my own jacket and held her for the last few minutes.
I think she still wasn't quite sure what was happening, but I was happy to explain it to her again and again (like I did the whole time). : )
And who was at the climax of the parade?!? SANTA!!! (A far cry from Macy's though, huh? Ha!)