Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Cookies for Breakfast


These two e-mails say it all:

Dear Cynthia [the school administrator & subsitute teacher today],
I suppose this is one of those times when I'll look back and laugh, but currently I cried all the way home. ("Now they all think I'm a horrible mother!" "You're not a horrible mother, Mamma! You're a wonderful mother!!!") This morning was a mad rush out the door, during which I forgot to give Leia her bread/cheese/fruit/juice that is often her breakfast when there's little or no time. Daddy had cookies in the car, and offered her one. Needless to say, I was absolutely MORTIFIED this afternoon when Leia Rose told me everyone had to guess what she had for breakfast! I want you to know that she has NEVER had a cookie for breakfast until this very morning. And it was all my mistake. Anyway, on the day of my cookie mistake, hearing about extended day was like something out of a parental nightmare! Especially considering that one of my biggest flaws is worrying too much about what people think. ; ) Anyway, hope you don't think too horribly of me! And thank you so much for all that you do for Leia Rose. : )
Love,
Noelle

Dear Noelle,
A big thank you to you, Leia Rose and her Daddy for all the laughter you brought into my life today! This is definitely a keeper!!!!
I was teaching a lesson with the moveable alphabet on how we can communicate without even speaking a word......at least it was not a lesson on Nutrition. She wrote out her word but try as I might, I could not figure out which breakfast food she was spelling. Then she gave us some hints and we all said "COOKIES?" Then she said her Daddy gave them to her, which made me chuckle and wonder......What will Mommy think? I think a funny and precious memory was made for your family today.
Please do not worry what we'll think, I have seen the very nutritious lunches you pack for her.
Thanks for writing...........It's great to have my day end on such a bright note.
Cynthia

1 comment:

Karin said...

Too funny!! :) Sorry you were upset about it though!