Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Auntie April & Chuck E Cheese + (Whew!)

The greatest thing about all of these wonderful events is that Auntie April is here to witness them first-hand!!! Here is Auntie April kissing Leia Rose on the Balloon Bike at her Chuck E Cheese reward.





Here is Annie, plum tuckered out! I must say, giving this reward to Leia Rose was thoroughly exhausting. Let me explain. First of all, I had made a promise to Leia about this reward. And I always tell Leia Rose that, "Mamma always keeps her promises." So you can bet I needed to make good on this! However, Wednesdays are the days we have both swim lessons and ballet. That's almost too much for one day as it is. Well, add Chuck E Cheese and I'm spent. But what actually happened was even crazier:

1. Leia Rose swims to the side and earns her reward.

2. We drive home for Leia Rose to change clothes (we just weren't prepared for success)

3. We drive to Chuck E Cheese for a late lunch.

4. We play at Chuck E Cheese for only a short amount of time, but promise Leia Rose we'd come back later that day. *sigh*

5. We leave Chuck E Cheese to go to ballet class (the only reason why I didn't skip it was because it was April's only chance to see Leia doing ballet)

6. April stays and watches Leia's ballet class while I drive home with sleeping Annie to make dinner and spend some time with my littlest babe.

7. Brian picks April and Leia up. They come home to a sausage casserole dinner.

8. Annie goes down to sleep, . . . and Leia and I gear up for our "Auntie April Night."

9. Auntie April, Leia, and I go back to Chuck E Cheese (with Brian watching Annie) and have a fun time until it closes.

10. Auntie April, Leia, and I go to On the Border for one more fling. We all got special drinks and Leia's favorite "Zebra Cake" (Kahlua Pie), . . . she calls it that because the fudge drips in the picture look like zebra stripes.

Leia got so tired by the end of On the Border that she wanted to sit on my lap, a rare treat!

Whew! I don't plan to have a day like this for a very, very long time!

1 comment:

Karin said...

Sounds like LOTS of fun!!!! And hoooray for Leia!!!!!! :) :)