Thursday, August 2, 2007

Yet Another Swimming Breakthrough

Today was another milestone for Leia, . . . the first time she enjoyed being underwater! I noticed that she spent 90% percent of the lesson underwater today. This really surprised me. She later told me that she realized she could see underwater with her goggles. At first my thought was, "Gee, I wonder if the teacher told her to practice like that every time it's not her turn?" Then I heard her tell one of the other little girls, "Swimming under water is fun!" (Is this even the same child from Monday?!?) And by the end of the lesson it was, "Swimming under the water is just really really great!!!" It's like the whole thing clicked with her today. So there you go, . . . it clicked at four-and-a-half. : ) Her goal tomorrow is to slide down the slide herself. Here's to hoping!


Here is how Leia spent all of the time (that wasn't her "turn") during the swimming lesson. She's "swimming" on the second step, . . . enjoying the amazing properties of her goggles. : )



And you know I had to include the video . . .

1 comment:

Karin said...

Yay!! That's awesome!!! :)