Saturday, August 25, 2007

The Day of the Dinosaur Projects

I went up to check on Leia Rose earlier today, and this is what I found. Leia had created an ingenious little desk setup to do her dinosaur color wonder pages. She has dinos on her mind because of the second project we had planned for today . . .



Here is Leia, proud to begin a very special (and a very time-consuming) art project. Look closely and you can see the 10 separate packages, sent by Santa over the year, that come together as one amazing dinosaur mobile! We did not get it completed today, but there was lots of package opening and hole punching and string tying and slit separating and insert-slot-A-into-slot-B type of stuff. Leia has decided that she wants to hang the finished product from her fan, . . . so perhaps that'll be a picture tomorrow. : )

Just another couple of cute things: On the way back from Outback this evening, I turned to Leia and said, "Well, today's the last day of summer, . . . and tomorrow is school!" To which Leia replied, "Yay!!!" I don't think she could have given a response that made me happier! I remember feeling the same way about school all the way through! Finally, while driving home, I saw the sun behind a cloud. Now, Leia Rose has been very interested in "expressions" these days. What they mean and why they're used. There have been many times where she made something up and said, "Oh Mamma, it's just an expression!" (Her most famous being "I'm just 'kitten'" for "I'm just kidding.") Seeing the cloud in the sky, I took this as a good opportunity to explain the expression, "every cloud has a silver lining." So I said, "Hey, Leia, take a look at that pretty cloud over there! Do you see how the sun is behind it, making it edged in gold and silver? That's why sometimes we say 'every cloud has a silver lining' because every bad situation can have something positive come out of it, . . . even storm clouds can have the sun behind them." I don't know if she appreciated my explanation, but I tried. : )

1 comment:

Karin said...

Tomorrow is school??? I thought she had another week??