Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Christmas in August?!?

Mamma has been disgusted about the weather lately, . . . an August in the mid-nineties every day makes it really difficult to do any playing outside. So, . . . Mamma thought it would be fun today to have Christmas in August!

First we got ready! I put our homemade "Let it Snow" CD on, and Leia Rose got outfitted in her snow hat, mittens, and "scarf," complete with "snowsuit."


Then I put a changing pad cover on the bottom of our pull-sled, and Leia Rose and Annie went for a ride!

(A very long ride, I might add, complete with sled races. Exhausting for Mamma!)


Then it came time for a Christmas tradition: peppermint sticks!


Annie was very surprised to find that the thing she was sucking on actually had a taste!


Then we made some snow. (Yet another use for our snow cone machine.) Yes, Annie was pretty scared of the sound, . . . but whenever I looked at her with a smile on my face she was okay. We collected the snow in a great big metal bowl and started to explore!


I wish I could have taken a picture the very first time Annie touched the snow. It was the same face as a few months ago when I would change the kind food on her spoon, and not tell her. : )

And what became the favorite part of our snow exploration? Eating it!


But Leia Rose preferred hers via a dinosaur popsicle. : )


Then Annie went down for a nap, so Leia and I headed out to the garage for a good, old fashioned snowball fight!


Um, . . . Leia didn't like it when she got hit with one. A small tantrum ensued, . . .


. . . But don't worry, she got me back! What a way to end our Christmas in August!

1 comment:

Karin said...

Ha! Very cute!! :)