Thursday, August 16, 2007

Reading & WAVING! +

Leia Rose always seems to find the time to scoot on up to her room and "read" these days. (Yay!) I did ask her if she ever tried to read the words, and she said, "No, I just like to look at the pictures and remember the stories." I guess reading is still real "work" for her. : ) Still, we're about done with the book called Snug Bug (lots of pages and words in that one), so I'll post it when she's finished.


Here are Annie and I reading our special bedtime book called "Bedtime Peek-a-boo." Annie knows that after we read this book it's time for Mamma's Milk, so during the whole thing she makes her little "hm, hm, hm" noises in preparation. So snuggly! : )


Here's something really special, . . . Annie listening to Pat the Bunny and truly participating! The most amazing thing about this video is that it's the absolute first time that Annie waved "Bye Bye" for real!!! This shocked me, as you can see! I have been trying to get her to do this at the end of this book since I began reading it to her. When I really think about it, I never realized what an amazing combination of skills this book is! It's basically the perfect book for continued development through a child's first year. It was so interesting to see the skill progression: She began by just listening and looking in the mirror (newborn), then by patting the bunny (at four months), then by shaking the button box (at five months or so), then by feeling daddy's scratchy face (five months), then by playing peek-a-boo with Paul (at six months), then by turning the pages of Judy's Book (at seven months), then by putting her finger through mommy's ring (at about eight months), then by smelling the flowers (at ten months), and then by waving "Bye Bye" (at 10.5 months). (She still can't "make the dolly's ball squeak." In my opinion, the adult has to do that one. Leia can't even do it herself.) Isn't Pat the Bunny just wonderful?!?

Now these next pics are the reason why this post has a "+" in the title. Leia Rose asked me to please include this first one:


This is "Party Perri Pat Pat."


And this is very simply "Evidence: Leia"!

No comments: