Friday, September 21, 2007

In Love with Roomba!

Okay, so we finally got our first I-Robot: our Roomba vacuuming robot, . . . and we're all in love with it! Here are Leia Rose and Annie checking it out for the first time. Roomba is a girl, . . . she even talks with a real human voice! And she's so quiet that even Annie wasn't phased, just interested. Roomba'll vacuum for an hour and a half before needing to go back to it's "home" to recharge. It's like having a maid who's never in your space! : ) Hooray for birthday gifts and extra money from my weight loss winnings (thanks April! . . . but I think you'll be the one winning this month). I am so proud of myself to have purchased three robots (one for floor mopping, one for vacuuming, one for sunporch/deck sweeping) for the price of only one (under $400). Hooray for internet research!

I'm so glad I caught Leia's reaction on tape, . . . she actually squealed while playing with this artificial life form! : ) She really felt like it was chasing her for the first half-hour. Honestly, though, Roomba was more interested in Annie. I kept having to move her out of the way. : )

And can you believe that this was supposed to be movie night (Leia and I just finished reading Pippi Goes Aboard and were going to watch the movie), but instead she chose (what else?) to watch Roomba clean our upstairs! So all of us were on the floor for more than an hour just watching our little Roomba! Roomba cleaned our room for 45 minutes or so and then it's "lighthouse" called it to Leia's and Annie's room, which she cleaned for another 45 minutes before going back to her "home." Amazing! (And, even better, now I won't have to watch her do her job anymore.)

Can you tell that I was just sick of having dirty floors (which makes me very unhappy inside), . . . but when I have a choice between playing with my children and cleaning the floors, . . . well, let's just say that the floors stay dirty. No longer! Thanks Roomba!

2 comments:

Karin said...

Sooo cool!!!! :) :) Now Steve wants one! Ha! You'll have to keep me posted on how the sunroom one goes.... maybe we'll have to look into that one. ;)

LauraW said...

Can't wait to see these in action!