Tuesday, September 18, 2007

"What did you do at school today, Leia?"

"We had a new lesson in the knob cylinders today, . . . and Mrs. Schnell tried to trick me, but she didn't. We had to make sure that they just fit. I also learned a new work that was making words by tracing letters. You put this puzzle together and trace the letters on top of the puzzle. I did the word bug. It was really a ladybug, but Mrs. Schell said I could just trace 'bug.' And they taught the extended day children to put the stuff back where it belongs. But my favorite thing was the 'Aiken Drum' song. 'There was a man who lived in the moon, who lived in the moon, who lived in the moon. There was a man who lived in the moon and his name was Aiken Drum!' And he's made out of all of our favorite vegetables and fruits! He had a tomato head, strawberry eyes, banana legs, pea arms, plum fingers, . . . and I was going to give him macaroni and cheese hair, but they didn't get to me in the song.' Then on the playground Mrs. Schnell watched Sophia, Jessica, and I do a show. I danced around. Jessica stood on one foot. Sophia played the flute. It was so much fun!"

No comments: