Sunday, September 23, 2007

Sunday Playdate Please (& Thank You, too)

Brian stayed after Mass this morning to begin his RCIA preparation in order to study the Bible in conjunction with the Catechism of the Catholic Church. Of course, he was late coming home, . . . which made me late for my lunch with Laura (who drove down from Virginia today). Still, Laura and I had a wonderful lunch together at Top of the Hill. How often do Leia's Mamma and Shenandoah's Mamma get to go out together alone? Hmmm, . . . almost never, so this was wonderful!
Leia and I worked together again on Leia's "Dinosaur Stories" book today. Leia has been enjoying doing lots of stencils for the dinosaurs. (She likes to use the stickers for the plants.) And I haven't even had any complaints about writing one word for each page!
Just thought this "baby parasauralophus" was very cute. Check out that crest! : )
Today was the first day that Leia was able to use our mouse pad to play a memory game on the computer. It's great to have mastered that skill!

I'll admit, there's not too much Annie news today. : ) She's about to cruise, . . . but not close enough to take any pictures. Maybe tomorrow.


As for Leia Rose, another thing I've noticed lately is that she is really saying "Please" and "Thank You" before and after every request. Now, this began right about when school started, . . . and I think it's reiterated there constantly. Hooray for school! : )

Also, a development on the playdate front. Leia asked to go over to Bailey's to play (again) and she finally got to! Brian walked her over and then they all played in Colin's room. Anyway, I figured I better write a note to the parents now to figure out how best to respect their wishes. I'll have to let you know the reply:



Dear Kelly and Clay,

Well, needless to say that Leia Rose had an AMAZING time playing with Bailey and Colin, . . . because she has asked to go back over to your house EVERY SINGLE DAY since! : ) So considering I'm new at this (up until now, all of Leia's play has been on the typical "playdate," but I've always longed for the "Hi-can-so-and-so-come-out-and-play" mentality. Perhaps it's time for that. I mean, Leia turns five in October.), I wanted to ask you some questions. I'm writing an email instead of calling because I wanted you to have time to think about your answer, . . . and not just say "have Leia come on over" and then end up stuck with her for days on end (considering her devotion to your kids). : )

So, honestly, was Leia Rose a burden the other day? Did Bailey (especially) enjoy playing with her, or was Leia more of an annoying tag-a-long? Would it be okay if Leia Rose came over to play sometimes? Would it be okay if Bailey & Colin came over here to play, too? And what is the protocol for that? How about Leia Rose calling Bailey & Colin first, and asking if they can come out and play? . . . or would you rather her just knock on the door? . . . and if it's okay for them to play together, can you give us any tips on when Bailey and Colin are available?

Hope this email made you laugh with all of my crazy questions. : ) I know this is probably all old-hat to you. : ) Just trying to figure it all out while, in the meantime, respecting your space and your own family time. : ) Feel free to call (960-0353) or email anytime!

And, of course, thanks so much for everything, . . . from the clothes to the power wheels. (Leia's getting the Barbie Jeep for her birthday. Just got a new battery.) You all are the best!

Love,Noelle

Thought I would just add this at the end. Ever since Leia Rose was a very little girl, she always made these special sniffing sounds when she was concentrating on artwork. I just thought I would record it for posterity here. She still does it! Here she is working hard on her "Dinosaur Stories" book (again). : )

1 comment:

Karin said...

Great idea on the note! Did you get a reply? :)