Tuesday, September 4, 2007

"What did you do at school today, Leia?"

"Today everyone looked at my butterfly that I put on the nature table. I didn't get to talk about it at circle time, though. I don't think anyone really noticed the grasshopper or katydid. We talked about playground safety! Then we went on the playground for the first time! . . . Mrs. Schnell let me try a new work today. Now there are some works that I don't remember from last year. It's a magnet work. There is a little dish full of things and we are supposed to guess if the magnet will stick to them and then see if it does. The magnet was shaped like a "U" and it was all red. I tried a little circle thing that didn't stick [a rubber washer, maybe?], a paper clip . . . it stuck! some bolts stuck . . . the wood didn't stick of course, ha ha! . . . and the little gold thing [paper fastener] that you used to fix that book. It's metal, but it didn't stick. . . . I only want to invite the people from last year to my birthday party. I want to invite Jesse, though. I like her. A pony party? Maybe I'll change it to a dinosaur party!"

Then one wonders, did the teachers simply decide to put this magnet work out? . . . Or did Leia Rose mention something to them about being interested in magnets? She actually has mentioned that to me in the last few weeks, specifically in reference to a fishy game in a magazine that you can make yourself using a magnet, string, paper, and paper clips. My thought is that these teachers are incredibly observant!

No comments: